Sunday, September 16, 2012

Lock Laces: Never Trip Over Your Shoe Laces At the Finish Line

I run 5K races. I like to look somewhat fashionable but comfort is the top priority. That was until my shoe became untied as I headed to the finish line at the Disney World's Princess 5K race.

I decided in less than half a second that I had to step over to the side and tie my shoe. I did it because I was kicking it hard and didn't want to have this huge crowd at the finish to witness me falling flat on my face.

It amazes me that I still got a personal best time, but beat myself up that I could have cut even more time off my finish if it hadn't been for my STUPID shoelaces!!! Arrrggghhhh!!!!

My friend, Michelle, that did the race with me told me about Lock Laces. Her husband got her some for her birthday. After some online research, I knew I had to get these.

I picked candy pink go to with what? My pink Adidas shoes!!! So, I went from this...
 To this...

  It looks complicated but I swear, it is not. The package has instructions and the Lock Laces has them on their website as well. However, it is just 3 easy steps. (Haa haa...steps, get it?!)

Now I don't need to worry about this...
Because I got this...

Secret to never having to tie your shoes is the lace lock piece...

Pinch the tab, slide it down towards the shoe, let it go. No need to worry about tripping over your shoe laces. The lace, itself, is woven plastic, like a baby bungee cord. They hold the shoe firm but not overly constricting.

Now my old laces can become a part of this...
Cat toys.

Have you tried Lock Laces? Even if you are not a runner, would you wear them?

No comments:

Post a Comment