Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Perfectly Petite: Non-Energy, Non-Weight Loss Drink...Yea, Right.

While standing in line at Ulta, I always snoop around the impulse bids. I mean, that IS what they are there for.

This product caught my eye and, since it is pink, I took a look at it...

 By the shape of the bottle, I knew it was going to be some kind of energy drink. I was right. This drink is called 'Perfectly Petite.'

This is where it goes downhill. When they say 'Perfectly Petite', I am smart enough to know they are NOT talking about the size of the bottle!

After the 'WTF?' went through my mind, I figured the back of the bottle would surely help me make perfect sense of what the gist of this energy drink is about.

 Oh, I get it: If I drink their product (and I'm sure lots of it), then I'll be able to wear a skimpy dress (because their drink made me thin) and that will get me the guy (or, the partner). What I started wearing, immediately, was a scowl!

I read more:
"It's not an energy shot. It's not a weight loss potion. It's a feel good, fat burning, energy boosting, healthy way to keep unwanted weight off."  Yes, I still had the 'WTF' look on my face.

Below there 'cute' little equation is the following:

(skinny, er petite girl logo) Burn 100 calories just sitting pretty!

My gawd!! Alice drank the wrong potion!!! Thank goodness I have been spared a life of being un-petite, or having to walk 3 hours a day on a treadmill or never fit into a small black dress!!!

Usually, when I find stuff like this, I roll my eyes and know the people behind all this are total idiots. But, I'm starting to get more miffed about things that are geared to making people, especially women, think they are less than wonderful without a particular product.

Is it unhealthy to be overweight? Usually. Are there people looking for a quick-fix to being thin? Yes. Will there be women that thinks this drink will make them petite, dress svelte and get a guy? Sadly, there will be.

I suppose playing upon the believe that one has to be thin to get love sells. Just take a look at almost every fashion magazine, ad or commercial. It is a crock. Sorry, but if I have to be thin to get the love of my life then, he is NOT the love of my life. It doesn't matter that the flavor of this drink is Passion Fruit! And I'm not giggling over the subtitle of this product 'Women's Energy With Benefits'.

Almost every young girl wants to look attractive. Almost every woman wants to look and feel attractive. Hopefully, everyone can look in the mirror and sing Billy Joel's song 'Just The Way You Are'...to their self.

Perfectly Petite is made by LXR Biotech and their website is www.lxrbiotech.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment